Thursday 13 October 2016

Community Garden Spring Planting

I have just seen that this Saturday 15th October is the "many hands makes light work" planting of the Community Garden that Brian Seymore told us about when we visited in term 1 as part of our Inquiry. This will be taking place at the garden between 10am and 1pm - all welcome.  It would be fantastic if there were some families or groups who were happy to help for a short time.
This activity meets one of the key Competencies in our National Curriculum, that of Participating and Contributing and being actively involved in our community. This opportunity is a new context to add to what we already do in our school, parish and local community.
I hope to be able to attend for a short time, however on Saturday I am a lady farmer attending to my irrigation which I get every 3 weeks.  Important to do this as well as possible when there is water available!

No comments:

Post a Comment