Monday 7 August 2017

Sports Poems

Poems that we wrote after we looked at how the rhyme and rhythm of Jack's poem went.
Lots of fun and exciting to share at assembly on Friday.

Ice Skating
Ice skating is slippery
Ice skating is twisty
Ice skating is fun
But it can be risky
I could fall over
Or I could get hurt
But most of the time
I skate like a squirt.
By Room 3 

Pool
Pool is cool
Pool is a duel
Pool is a game
You play with a white ball
By Jack

Tee-ball  
Tee-ball is fun,
Tee-ball is cool,
Tee- ball’s a game
I can play well.
I could hit really far,
Or I could run fast
But I’m so lucky
I don’t have a cast.
 By Liam


Biking
By Charlotte O
Biking is fun,
Biking is cool,
Biking is the game
I play with you
I can fall over
Or I can stay up
But most of the time
I love this job!
  
Ice Skating
By Isabella 

Ice skating is slippery,
Ice skating is twisty,
Ice skating is fun
But it can be risky.
I could fall over
Or I could get hurt
But when I skate fast,
I skate faster than Bert.
  
Wrestling
By Fin & Zack

Wrestling is risky
Wrestling is hard core
Wrestling is dangerous
And also quite sore.
You can punch people
You can hold them down
1! 2! 3!
The crowd goes wild.
YEAH!

Ballet
By Eden 

In ballet I spin, I twirl.
I stand up straight
On the tip of my toes.
But as I stand there
I get tired.
My teacher says
Don’t rest, don’t rest!
Or you will be fired.

(awesome work, Eden - you were away when we worked together as a class)

Hockey
By Pippa, Jada & Bella

Hockey is cool,
Hockey is great,
Hockey is a game
I play with my mate.
I could get hurt
Or I could be fine
But most of the time
I survive.
  
Ballet
By Tara 

Ballet is fun,
Ballet is cool,
Ballet is something
I can do at school.
I can fall over
Or I can be proud
But most of the time
I’m as light
As a cloud.

Ice Skating
By Lily 

Ice skating is twisty
Ice skating is risky
Ice skating is fun
But also quite spun.
Slipping around
Like a slimy slug.
The ice is sparkling
And shining
Like a piece of glass.

Soccer
By Quinn 

Soccer is cool
Soccer is great
Soccer is a game
When you can get dirty.

Dancing
By Amelia 

Dancing is fun,
Dancing is cool,
Dancing is going
To some day rule.
I can do tricks
And I can do clicks
But most of the time
It’s fun to do splits.


Golf Is Great
By Ted 

Golf is good
Golf is great
Golf is a game
I play with my mate
I like golf
Golf is fun
I love golf
Golf is risky
I can get a hole in one
I can hit a ball
To the sun.
  
Skiing
By Aurelia 

Skiing is fun
Skiing is cool
Skiing is better
Than the swimming pool.
I can do jumps
Or I could fall
But my little sister
Likes it more than
Bouncing a ball.
  
Go-carts
By Jedi & Jay-T

Go-carts are fun
Go-carts have four wheels
Go- carts are fast
Go- carts wheels squeal
When I skid round a corner.


Hope you enjoy reading these as much as we enjoyed writing them.


No comments:

Post a Comment