Monday 5 March 2018

Doodles and Thank you letters

We all so enjoyed the visit from Bruce Potter - illustrator and author.

Here are some of our thank you letters which show all the different things that we learned from Bruce, and some of our new Doodle Bugs.


Dear Mr Potter/Bruce:


  • I like your creative imagination. I like the way you can just pull stuff out of your imagination. The best part was listening to the Doodle Bug.  Jack Mc
  • Thank you for coming to our classroom. I learned a spectacular song. I love, love your book. Louisa
  • Thank you for showing us lots of different doodles. The best part was when you zoomed in and showed us Doodle Bug in the eye. I learned that we can all do amazing things if we can dream it.  Olivia
  • Thank you for teaching us how to doodle. I have been doodling. I learned that you don't have to look at a picture, you can doodle!  James
  • Thank you for showing us Doodle Bug and showing us your books. I learned dream, believe and achieve. I hope you write some more books. The best thing was the Doodle Bug, he is very interesting. I like how in the book he tells you to doodle.  Eden
  • Thank you for coming. I love your books because they are amazing. The pictures from your mind are amazing. I learned that with doodling, you can do whatever you want. The best part was doodling because you don't have to do a creature that actually lived, and you don't have to do what you planned.  Boston
  • Thank you for illustrating Penny the Prolific Pooing Cow and Doodle Bug. They are amazing and prolific just like you. I learned if you can dream it, you can be it. I love your imagination. I always read Doodle Bug and we have been watching Penny the Prolific Pooing Cow on You-tube. It is funny. We have shown some other teachers too.  Mills. 
  • Thank you for showing us your doodles. They are amazing. I learned how to make things look like they are real. the best part was when you showed us your Doodle Bug book.  Aurelia
  • Thank you for some words you taught us like 'you can do anything you can dream'. I enjoyed! Penny the Prolific Cow song. The best part was the Doodle Bug story because it has so much doodling. Varna


Some Doodle Bug cards - including Doodle Bug's cousin - thank you Jedi.








No comments:

Post a Comment