Saturday 23 March 2019

Artwork For Christchurch

This week our Religious Education programme carried on from Father Vaughan's talk at our Monday morning prayer, where he talked about visible outer differences but the fact that we are all God's children, who need to care for each other.

With it being Lent, where we have talked about how we can be especially kind and make an extra special effort to "Think WWJD?" (What Would Jesus Do?), we learned a new song and based our dicussion on how we are God's hands and voice here on earth. We talked about how we can use our hands to care for the earth and help others when they are hurt, use our voices to say kind words or encourage each other to keep trying or find out why someone is sad. Finally we talked about how we can use our hearts where the Holy Spirit lives to help us to make good choices and "Think WWJD?"

Here are the words of the song and a photograph of our artwork. If you have set yourself up for Seesaw, you would have seen us singing the chorus of this. Discussion about the Christchurch events has not come up in the teaching.




These Hands

These hands, this heart,
This voice, my God.
These hands, this heart,
This voice, my God.

With these hands I pray to You,
With these hands I work for You,
With these hands I show my love for You.

With this voice I speak to You,
With this voice I sing to You,
With this voice I share my love for You.

With this heart I share Your love
With this heart I feel Your love,
With this heart I live my love for You.


No comments:

Post a Comment