Friday 10 July 2015

Winter Writing

These are too good to just have on the wall with our art work.  What budding authors we have in Room 3!  Enjoy our winter writing.  I'm sure that you'll agree that have met our WALTS of using Wow words to describe winter using our 5 senses.  Many of us are also beginning to use interesting starts to our sentences.  Well done Room 3.

I love the snow because you can roll in it.  I look out the window I see white sparkly swords pinging up. Ice dangling off trees. Ice tastes like baby wipes.
Hayvin 

Looking out the glittering sparkling window I see snowflakes and icicles hanging from trees.  The ponds are frozen. When the snow falls, I eat the glittery snow and it is freezing in my throat. The cold breeze whooshes past me. The freezing, frosty ice on my hands makes them numb. The ice cracking on the pond sounds scary. Smoke from bonfires gets in my eyes and I have to say “white rabbits” or “blue rabbits” if you want it to go close to you.
Nicolas 

Teeny, tiny snowflakes skiing on the mountaintops and coming down onto the ground. I see shimmering diamonds hanging off the trees. I taste the super cold diamonds when I eat them off the trees. I feel shivery inside my body. I smell the cold winter death wind.
Otis 

Looking out the window I can see thousands of snowflakes falling from the sky. I can taste the glittering snow. It is cold in my mouth. The blazing fires from houses smell smoky. When I go horse riding my fingers go numb.  They look like icicles. The whistling wind is flying through the air and is crashing into the frosty trees.
Annajhay 

The amazing, glittery snowflakes are falling on the green grass. There is glittery, white frost on the grass. The freezing, cold ice makes me freeze. When I taste the cold, icy icicles my tongue gets frozen.  The smoke from fires smells yucky. Kids playing in the snow are throwing snowballs at each other. When I jump on icy puddles it makes a crackling noise.
Gabrielle 

It is snowing.  There are snowflakes dribbling down on the amazing frozen field. It shines like diamonds.  The snow dribbled from the sky. Snowflakes falling from the snowy mountains shimmering from the sky, dribble across my face. My hands freeze like ice with sparkles.  I hear leaves flying across the field. I smell Jack Frost’s magic power. My toes and fingers are colder than ice. My front door froze and my dad had to rush and get some hot water and splash it on the door. The door creaked when Dad opened it.
Jelena 

At the gloomy field with the trees, there were a lot of icicles hanging on them. On the icicles it looked like there were diamonds. Today my dad got his window scraper, it made a really amazing noise like the wind. When I opened the car door it made a crackling noise like a big giant.
Lars 

The sparkling, glittery winter frost is shining like crystal diamonds sparkling in the air. The snowflakes are glittering across the wonderful air shining on the sparkling trees. Crystals are dangling like diamonds from trees. I taste delicious snow falling off trees. I touch slippery snow when I slid my finger across the trees. When I touched the slippery and slidy ice my fingers go freezing. I hear trees going whoosh in the air.  I smell flames flying out of the fire.
By Jack O

Looking out the window you can see the white grass looking like swords and looking sparkly and stuck in one shape from lots of frost on the field. The green grass is turning white in front of my eyes. The awesome trees have icicles that are like crystals. I can see the sparkly, icy ice. I can hear the howling wind whooshing past and …… it comes by people playing a game.  I can taste yummy, icy, icy, icy ice.  I can smell ashes from blazing flames from the fire.  When you look out the window you can see …… awesome, tall, white grass leaning across whooshing with the wind!!!  The white grass looks like a fluffy mat that’s just been vacuum cleaned as it leans one way. Smoking chimney’s smoke gets whooshed with the wind as the breeze goes past me.
David 

Sparkling snow on my frozen, cold feet, when I was running through the ice, cold snow. Once the snow got on my dad’s beard. Looking out the frozen, cold fog stuck on the window, I drew myself, then the frost melted, dripping down the window. When I taste the sparkly ice, my tongue freezes.  When I taste snow it is yuck like a sparkly, yellow snow stuck to a rock.  In the morning I see frosty frost on the deck.  I can feel frost tingling on my fingers.
Sullivan 

When I go outside on a freezing cold day I can smell the lovely smoke of the warm burning flames of fire. When I go ice skating I can hear my skates going sh, sh, sh on the ice. In the winter my family goes on bike rides and my hands get really chilly, so I say, “Mum can I have my gloves?” I stare out the window and I can see the snowflakes shimmer out the corner of my eye as it falls gently from the clouds above. I eat the snow off the ground. “Yum, yum!” I say, “and it’s cold too!”
Maggie 

It is winter and I watched the snow fall quietly and snowflakes fly past my window. Glistening snowflakes flutter by my window and land on my bed.  I like winter because the snow feels all right. When it falls, my tongue is frozen and my toes get really cold. Frost is cold. It is awesome because I can do skids on it.
Jacqui 

Snow sparks slip slide off icy mountain tips.  I see glistening snowflakes lifting gently off clouds, falling quietly and landing very, very softly onto the grass. Stringy icicles are hanging from frosty mountain tips. I taste the icy snow when it falls from the cloudy sky. My hands let me feel the frost on the car. I hear snow pitter-pattering and donging on the ground.  I smell the cold, cold breeze.
Casey 

Snow is falling from glittery, sparkly trees and ice is sparkly. Snow nearly looks like ice, and my nose is cold like ice. My mouth is cold and my tongue is cold.  I can smell fire floating past me, and snow, snow, snow floating down.
Liam 

I watch the glittering snowflakes fluttering through the air. I see the glistening snow sparkle in the air. Glistening icicles dangle off the trees and the chilly frost sparkles on the field. Winter is pretty. I can hear the whishing wind on a cold night and the crackling fire. I can touch the frozen ice on the glistening ponds. I can smell the smoke burning in the night. I can taste the snowflakes when they melt in my mouth.
Sophie 

The glittering white icicles are dangling across my eye. I feel snow falling from the sky on my hands, and my hands feel like shivering icicles stuck together.
Jack S

Mountains are covered in sparkling snow. Snowy flakes are falling in the night air. Pretty, pretty, snowy, snowy mountains are shining like diamonds. Jack Frost is sitting on my window and I see him every morning.
Bobbie 

Winter air and snow pitter patters down on the frosty fields and freezes my fingers and toes. Snow glides across the air making gigantic snowflakes. Trees are beautiful when icicles make music on the branches with bright, white snow. I feel the soft breeze in the winter and it is cold. I can taste the amazing water when it is an icicle. I can hear the snowflakes pittering down. In the morning I can smell the cold air and the awesome smell of the warm fire. I can feel the freezing snow and ice shiver up my body. I can hear the children playing in the outstanding snow.
Alia 

It is a very snowy winter day. I looked out the slippery window and I saw sparkly icicles hanging on the frozen trees and a frosty field. Our tap’s water is freezing to ice. Snowflakes came down from the black cloud when I looked out the slippery window. When I looked out the window I saw snowy snow and then I zipped out the house.
When I went out to play in the freezing winter day, we had a snow fight and one snowball landed on my face. It felt like I face planted onto ice.
Quinn

Shaky snow is falling off the mountains. Sparkly sun is shining on the snow, the ice is shining in the sun. The window panes are covered in shivering ice. When I taste the amazing ice, the ice is frozen solid and freezing on my tongue. I can feel the frozen ice on my face when it melts.  I can hear the snow falling on the shaky roof. I can smell the freezing frost.
Mason 

Snowflakes falling from the snowy mountains shining like icicles dangling from a sparkling tree. The icicles are falling off trees and stabbing the sparkling white ground like pointy knives. I went outside in the freezing cold. My fingers went purple.  They were freezing. There was an amazing crackling noise when I opened the frozen car door. Sparkling icicles dangle from the tree and out the corner of my eye I see a waterfall frozen. When I taste my horse Max, he is all freezing cold like a frozen horse. I feel freezing cold poles and can see glittery white concrete.
Keira 


 It is winter and the snowflakes are dangling off the white shimmering and glittery trees.  Looking out the window I said, “wow, it is amazing.”
Rhianna 

The sparkling snow is falling down the mountains and the snow is chilly. The snow makes a big snowball that’s falling down the hill. The snow is floating beautifully going down out of the sky.
Joshua 

In the winter I like playing in the glittery snow.  When it melts it makes the grass all shiny. I lie by the fire drinking hot cocoa and eating toast. It’s so yummy my tummy is happy.  I see the snow gliding through the strong air.  It hits the glass and freezes up the glass and cracks.  In the winter my eyes can feel the freezing winter.  The leaves are rustling so loud it’s like the wind is in my ear.  I smell the ice. It starts to melt.  The steam floats beautifully in the sky. When I talk to my friend, winter fog comes out of my mouth. When I climb up a tree my fingers get so cold that they freeze up.  I put them by the heater to unfreeze.
Kimberley 

On a snowy night the snow was whisking off the trees. Snowflakes are falling from the sky and falling on the field. The glittering field was so cold the snow turned into ice.
Winter is like a snowball touching you and icicles stabbing near you on the ground.
Shikyah 

In winter the SHIMMERING snow dangles on my eyelashes.  When the bright sun comes up it makes the snow glow on the glittering field. Snowflakes are gliding through the atmosphere.  I feel the snow freezing my lips as I walk outside in the glittering, sparkly snow. I feel the snow freezing my fingers as they go purple. I can smell the warm flame of the fire warmth.
Adam 

Every day of cold, freezing, sparkly, cool, inspirational, incredible, wicked, fabulous, fantastic winter I hear whistling snowballs crashing, mashing and splashing down on the ground. I feel frosty, freezing, cold, icy snow. I see snowflakes falling then gently touching the ground. I smell fresh, cold, freezing air zooming into my mouth.  I taste freezing, cold, frosty snow from wicked, great, fabulous, fantastic, amazing, awesome snowmen.  I hear super sliding skates whooshing and swooshing along the incredible ice rink. I feel super hard concrete that everyone fell on and got a bleeding leg. I smell freezing, frosty, fresh air zooming into my mouth. I taste freezing ice, swooshing, whooshing into my mouth. I love the tasty ice and I crunch, munch and SCRUNCH it down. It tastes yummy, YUMMY.

Archie 

1 comment:

  1. Room 3 I really enjoyed reading all your stories. You are great authors and i really liked how you worked so hard to make sure your writing was something readers would enjoy. Mrs Eastwood

    ReplyDelete